Monday, January 3, 2011

For the Love of Dogs

My goodness it has been a long time since I last posted here. I hope everyone had a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. In taking down my wall calendar for last year "For the love of Golden Retrievers, I noticed two tributes that are so true and should heap shame on anyone who mistreats a dog or any other pet or any other animal .

By an unknown author: "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."

By Lord Byron: "Near this spot are deposited the remains of one who possessed beauty without vanity, strength without ferocity, and all the virtues of man, without his vices. This praise would be unmeaning if inscribed over human ashes, is but just tribute to the memory of Boatswain, a Dog.

No comments: