Sunday, April 28, 2013

Hiatus

I have been down for quite some time.  I was incapacitated shortly after my last October posting with back pain.  I under went back surgery later in the month and have been in the doldrums since.

Fortunately the pain is gone but I have permanent left foot drag that is helped quite a bit with a brace.  I now walk with a cane.

It must be quite a sight when I walk my dog, Gus, and he decides to take off after something or someone and he drags this stumbling, semi cripple behind him.  He weighs almost 140 pounds.  His taking off after someone isn't an attack but he expects everyone he sees to come and pet him.  He has a couple of neighbors that give good back rubs and there is just no holding him back when he sees them.



Top photo is Gus, of course (one of the loves of my life)
The bottom photo is of my number one daughter, Tammy.  This was a few days after my surgery and I still had a lot of pain at the time.

I hope my muse will return and I can start painting again.

No comments: