Monday, September 28, 2009

Weather Problems


Major weather problems made for a bad day at the Londonderry Art Fair. I was hoping that the fair would be rain delayed but the fair officials said the weather was supposed to break and the fair would go on. It was misting as I errected my tent and placed my paintings inside. I left the front off the tent because I didn't want my display to be too obscured. However before long the rains came heavy and winds blew rain into the tent and I had to put up the fourth side of the tent. Some on my paintings got wet and I was soaked. There was a bit of a break in the afternoon and a few people came by the Art Fair.

The only good thing about the day was my painting of the " Nubble Light" a lighthouse in Maine took a third place ribbon.



I had to spend the next couple of days drying out my displays, tent and had to reframe some of the glazed artwork. I wish we had gone for the rain day.

1 comment:

Hopgoblin5 said...

Nothing reminds me of home more than the Nubble lighthouse. I think you captured it perfectly! Although I am originally from Exeter, NH (I live in Ireland now), I think this lighthouse captures the essence of New England and my childhood. Lovely job on this!

Dan Bourne
Dublin, Ireland