Monday, September 29, 2008

Meet Gus







Meet my best buddy Gus. Gus is a two year old Golden Retriever. He is the friendlest, sweetest dog I've ever had. Of course he is the first Golden I've ever had. I wish I had found this breed years ago.
The first photo is Gus at the top of the stairs. When we get up in the morning Gus will wait at the top of the stairs until I quit messing about and make a move for the front door.
The second photo is Gus in the tub. Sometimes, when he detects us getting getting ready for his bath, he'll jump in the tub and look at us as if he's saying "What's taking you so long?"
The third photo is of Gus and me on his first day home from the breeder.
I don't remember who said it. It was either Will Rodgers, or Mark Twain, who said "If dogs don't go to Heaven, when I die, I want to go where the dogs go." Gus would be a wonderful companion in the after life.

3 comments:

Robin said...

Gus is absolutely gorgeous!

Anonymous said...

What a beautiful goldie!

perugina said...

After replying to my piece Just A Man on WC i had a peek at your threads and now find myself here.
Gus is a cutie!

I want to go where the dogs go too....for there too will also be the cats! Love the quote... perhaps i will pinch it.
Have a great day all the best with the blog.
PG