Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Aviation Art




I consider this painting "Into the Sunset" to be the signature piece in my aviation art endeavors.


It is actually somewhat biographical. I spent much a great deal of time in Japan and love Japanese Gardens and the Haiku.


The Haiku is a brief expression of a moment keenly perceived. The Americanized version is three lines of 5, 7, and 5 syllables.


My Haiku for this painting is:

"The sunset Bekons

I fly the valley of clouds

Tracking the beacon home."


I'm 70 years old, tracking the beacon home.
This painting has been sold and it is so personal to me I now wish I hadn't sold it.


I'm an old guy trying my first attempt at blogging so forgive any lack of skill or sophistication in this attempt.


I'm more interested in portraying my feeling of the romance of flying than the seriously accurate depiction of a specific aircraft that would be acceptable to the Association of Aviation Artists. I have nothing against the rivet counters (used in jest) and admire their art immensely, it's just not what I wish to paint.




1 comment:

My Painting Studio said...

You paint your love of flying and the sea with your heart on your brush.

Paint more.

And give Gus a pat on the head from me. I like your new blog.