Saturday, November 1, 2008

Bad Day at The Arts and Crafts Fair

I, as the loan impressionist artist at the Rockingham Arts and Crafts fair, had a disasterous show today. I had a goodly number of browsers stop by and heap lavish praise on my work but unfortunately not lavish numbers of dollar bills. As always there were a number of browsers who expressed enthusiasm and promised to stop back by before the show closed. If you've done these shows yourself, you know that promise is almost never kept. However today I only had three broken promises and not the usual half dozen or so.
I hope the problem is the economy and not my art work. In the past, this show has been my most successful one day event for the year. Oh well... there's always next year.

1 comment:

Scott Alcorn said...

Hey there Hal... I really believe its the economy. I usually have about 4-6 commissions a year... Havn't had a single one this year! It will get better... Hopefully!

Scott