Saturday, November 8, 2008

Great Bay Art Show/my two paintings




















As I stated yesterday, I didn't have time to photograph my paintings which I put into the Great Bay Art Show. One of the paintings sold so I went down to the gallery today and photographed my two paintings for my records. The first painting is an 11 by 14 acrylic of the Great Bay Salt Marsh. The "Salt Marsh" painting photographed considerably darker than actual painting. The second painting is titled "Lanteen on the Esturary" which is an 8 by 10 inch acrylic on stretched canvas (sold). We do have a large historic lanteen sail that will appear on the Great Bay on rare occassions. It is a recreated gundalow, which was a sail powered barge carrying cargo up and down the local rivers and bays in the 1700 and 1800s.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Hal,

I am a Trustee with the Great Bay Stewards and also generate the eNewsletter for them each month. I found your blog doing a search for the recent Art Show. I would love to include an image of your art for our December eNews. Please advise how you would like the photo credit to appear. Would you kindly contact me via email with your response? Cindy Blaney Trustee, Great Bay Stewards. cindyssolutions@yahoo.com

halsart said...

Hi Cindy, I would be delighted to have you use one of my paintings.

Hal